SERVES : 2
COOKS IN : 30 MINUTES
DIFFICULTY – EASY
This Moroccan themed stew is a winter warmer jam packed with spice and flavour. I love how simple it is to make, you can be creative by adding whatever veg you have.
It’s also a one pot wonder, which is always a good choice. You can easily multiply the ingredients to make bulk portions, I always make more and keep it in the fridge for lunches.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 onion
- Veg stock
- Passata or chopped tomatoes
- Coconut milk
HOW TO MAKE IT
1) In a pan add olive oil, onion and garlic and fry for a couple of minutes until softened.
2) Add carrot, lentils, spices and veg stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
3) Add chickpeas, tomatoes and coconut milk and simmer for another 5/10 minutes.
4) Serve with bread of your choice or wild rice.
I like to add a leafy texture in kale or spinach which also adds a healthier element.