SERVES : 2
COOKS IN : 25 MINUTES
DIFFICULTY : EASY
One of my favourite Chinese takeaway dishes was the crispy lemon chicken. Very similar to a sweet & sour, but with a strong lemony tang, what is not to love! Luckily, this dish is so simple to recreate. This 5 minute sauce is delicious and goes perfectly with breaded tofu.
You could of course buy some ready breaded vegan ‘chicken’ or some breaded Quorn, but tofu is so simple to bread and is the perfect texture for this dish.
- Firm tofu
- Vegetable oil
- Soy Sauce
HOW TO MAKE IT
- To bread your tofu, squeeze out the juice of the tofu and brush with vegetable oil and coat in breadcrumbs. (Oil and dip again for an extra layer of crisp)
- You can fry your tofu in vegetable oil if you like, but to make it healthier, bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- To make your sauce, fry off some garlic for a minute or 2 and add maple syrup, sriracha, soy sauce, cornstarch and paprika and simmer into a thick sauce.
- Add a generous squeeze of lemon and a slice or 2 and simmer for another couple of minutes.
- Serve over your tofu and sauce over boiled rice and your favourite veggies.