SERVES : 2
COOKS IN : 15 MINUTES
DIFFICULTY : EASY
Creamy, cheesy & delicious. This simple Italian dish will leave people thinking you’ve slaved for hours!
Orzo is often overlooked when it comes to pasta, but its light, lower in carbs & soaks up flavour like a king. Orzo is more commonly used in cold pasta salads, but this rich creamy sauce is just awesome hot, and can be made in just 15 minutes.
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Italian mixed herbs (basil, oregano)
- Plant based cream
- Plant based cheese
- 2 cups Orzo
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Put your orzo on boil for roughly 10 minutes and taste to check cooked through.
2. Meanwhile fry your onion and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes.
3. Add asparagus & tomatoes and season with Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
4. Pour in your plant based cream, peas & cooked orzo and simmer for a few minutes until everything is cooked through.
5. Top with cheese & chilli flakes if you like a kick.
Check out my Greek orzo salad if you liked this